Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Squirt update #2

Well Squirt got his cast off today. His hand looked... digusting! His arm was all pruny looking and his fingers were caked with dark dry blood, with pieces of stitches here and there. The doctor said that it looked great and Hubbie said what I was thinking... "I'm glad you think so!" Squirt started crying, I think just cause it didn't look like normal, or it could have been cause we'd been waiting over 2 hours to be seen, either way?!? We went across the hall to a physical therapist and she set him up with a splint thing to go in between his fingers (imagine the Star Strek sign) and he's just wrapped in an ace bandage to keep him from playing with it. He's doing well, but getting frustrated with not having that second hand, he was "reading" a book the other day and had to try and turn the pages with his mouth. I had stopped giving him pain medicine and he was doing fine until yesterday afternoon. He has just been really cranky, crying at the drop of a hat (you know, something like a 16 year old girl!! ha ha j/k) So, this morning I had the thought that maybe he needed medicine, I'd like to think it was the spirit telling me he needed it, but it may have just been my brain desperate for some quiet, either way it worked! Thanks again to everyone who's been thinking about him!

2 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

Wow what a wild couple of weeks. I admire you for being such a wonderful mother with the challenges of a little boy. When Patrick about 11 months old he grabs the heater, After a trip to the ER, we felt like rather lousy parents. He turned our okay despite our pour parenting.
Aunt Ruthie

Genny said...

Turning pages with his mouth-smart kid! He is a problem-solver!