Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Pageant



My Mom & Dad, Little Man and I all went to see the Easter Pageant (Hubbie elected to stay home with Squirt who decided to not sleep the previous night) It was really good. We went out to Olive Garden before hand for my Mom's birthday. The whole drive to Mesa, Little Man tried to get Grandma to change her mind and go to McDonald's for her birthday dinner, thankfully she stood firm and so we all pigged out! The pageant was wonderful as always. This was the first time Little Man had seen it, for the most part he was watching all the airplanes flying overhead, but he really tuned in towards the end, when they started to crucify Christ, he seemed to be paying attention pretty good, but right when they show Christ on the cross, he leaned over and said "can we go to the airport again and get those good cinnamon rolls?" (grandpa bought him cinnabon while waiting for his luggage) So I'm not sure what he really got out of it... oh well, we tried! My cousin Tara and her new husband Rob are those annoying people that picket things like the pageant and conference, we were hoping they would be there. My dad was all ready to walk up and say "I don't want to hear your crap, but I'm uncle Boyd- welcome to the family" Unfortunatly, (or fortunatly- depending on which way you want to look at it) they weren't there, actually no picketers we're so it was kindof nice. My cousin feels the need to save all our souls (mind you, she grew up LDS- but what ever?!?!)

Here is Little Man with one of the centurions- he let him hold his sword!

1 comment:

{krista} said...

Oh, that's too funny about Chasetin and the cinnamon rolls. Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm glad she gets to stay an extra 10 days!!!