Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. George

We took a weekend trip to St. George to see my Grandparents. We had a good time, but traveling with kids takes forever!! The 6 hour trip to St. George took us 8 hours. The boys were good sports on the way there, although Chasetin started the "are we there yets" at about Wickenberg (about 45min out of phx)! All I can say is God bless the person who made a portable DVD player!
We threw our selves in "jail" in Wikieup


and then my camera died. We had fun, although imagine 8 people in a park model!?! We went swimming and saw some sights like The Tabernacle there, and the Temple visitor center, Brigham youngs house and a few other things. I got car sick the second day, basically someone should take my grandpa's drivers license away, he's not the slow 80 year old driver, he's the crazy 80 year old driver. But we survived! I love my grandparents, some of the things that come out of my grandpa's mouth leave me rolling on the floor. My favorite of this trip was when he said "there's a reason you have kids when you're young, I'd be thrown in Jail tomorrow if I had to live with you for more than a few days" He says it in good humor though! (I think?!?)

The drive home took a little longer, it ended up raining alot of the way, and Little Man kept saying "I want out of this car NOW" I offered to just let him out so he could live with the coyotes.
My dad went home last night, and arrived safely to cold weather and potential snow! My mom is going to hang around for another 10 days and enjoy the beautiful Phoenix spring weather!

2 comments:

{krista} said...

We felt VERY lucky to come out of St. George alive with the way grandpa drives! He's vicious behind the wheel, and he won't let anybody else drive. Since the sisters and I were packed in there like sardines, I can't imagine how packed you guys were with four more of you. Grandma said she sure had fun seeing you all, though (just talked to her this afternoon). And don't worry, grandpa says that about MY kids all the time! LOL

S and RA Beazer said...

Glad your survived Grandpa's driving. Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and hope the Lord answers prayers quickly. Glad you went. They were sure excited to have you come.