Monday, March 24, 2008

Picacho Peak

Where in the world is Picacho Peak, you ask?? Well it's in the middle of nowhere that's where!



We were roped into attending the "Nelson Family Reunion" this is Hubbie's grandma's family. I say roped in because it ended up being almost 2 hours south of Phoenix, that's kindof a long drive to have lunch! It consisted of Hubbie's 85 year old grandma and her cousins. There weren't really that many people there, but not a sole we kmew. I dragged my mom along, and when we got there I turned around to find grandma guiding my mom around introducing her to people... I tried to save her, but it was a lost cause. There were all these pretty mountains around us, but they stuck us in a ramada that was in the middle of the desert with not a tree in sight and it was the first 90 degree day of the year. To top it off when we paid our $6 to get into the park they say "The rattlesnakes are out right now so watch your kids" Well gee, that's just what I want to hear!
Oh, and to top that off, there were people there doing drugs, I guess I'm kindof ignorant to things like that, I mean I could tell these people were acting strange and they kept going over to their car to do something, but Hubbie walked by to see them smoking something out of a crack pipe and then the guy was exhibiting Meth like symptoms (Hubbie has been trained in drug recognition, he has to catch his probationers all the time, so he was fully aware of what was going on) All I can say is thank heaven above that Hubbie's mom was adopted and I'm not actually linked by blood to these people in any way!



2 comments:

JT42 said...

that is so funny! i don't know why, but your post just made me laugh-i'm glad that grandma had a good birthday :)

S and RA Beazer said...

don't you just love a family reunion. We may have one this year and it will probably be this July, about the time BYU-I ends.