Thursday, February 28, 2008

Squirt Update...

Thanks to everyone who's asked about Squirt, he is surprisingly doing awesome! He has a cast on now (all the way up to his arm-pit, over kill if you ask me) and barely seems to notice it. He's only used it as a club on me a couple of times, Little Man and the dog have avoided injury so far! He get's the cast off next Tuesday and then they'll put a splint in between his fingers for a month to make sure the skin doesn't fuse together again (which if the original dr. would have done this we wouldn't be here right now!) This morning was kind of sad, I set a sippy cup full of milk in front of him and walked away. Then he started crying... when I came back I was just like "what?? it's full, what's the problem?" then walked away again and he started crying again (well, more like whining) finally Little Man said "Here Squirt, I'll help you" apparantly Little Man had been watching him and becuase I filled the sippy full, he couldn't pick it up with one hand and needed help. That's what big brothers are for, because I was being a complete air head.

Oh and another story, (let me preface this with: I have a bad cold, I haven't been sleeping well or resting at all due to Squirt's surgery, Hubbie having broncitis, and Little Man just being Little Man) Squirt takes 1 tsp. of an anti-biotic 4 times a day, 1 tsp. of motrin as needed and 3 ml of Tylenol with codeine 3 times a day, he doesn't like the Tylenol with codeine though, so I only give it to him at night and give him motrin the rest of the time. Anyways, so the other night I just started dishing out his medicine at bedtime and gave him 1 tsp or 5 ml (almost double dose) of the Tylenol with codeine. While cleaning everything up I realized what I'd done and freaked out, so I called the doctor's office and left a message with the answering service (while talking to the girl, I turned a corner to sharp, ran into a wall and sent the phone flying across the room, then had to tell her that I gave my baby double the medicine that he needed, she was laughing so hard she could hardly breathe, now that I think about it she probably thought I was drunk! I told you I was tired!) then I had to speak with the nurse, who had me call poison control, who had me call the pharmacy to get specifics about the medicine, and then back to poison control. I had to check on him every 20 minutes to make sure he was breathing and that he was moving in his sleep for 4 hours! So I didn't get permission to go to sleep that night till almost midnight, with poison control checking on him hourly. Let me tell you those people are good... they take their job very seriously! Anyways, so Squirt has survived, with absolutely no help from me!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I seriously laughed when you said you ran into the wall! I think I am like that some days even without having to worry about the kids! Hope you get plenty of sleep tonight!