Saturday, February 23, 2008

To continue on with the "dinner" subject

Thanks to all those that have got a kick out my top ramen story... I'm glad to know you are all still alive after being fed it your self!

As I've said my kids are picky. I usually have to come up with 3 different meals, because I refuse to eat their food and they refuse to eat mine. So while staring in the pantry I came across a random box of Tuna Helper, I thought well it has noodles in it, so it's worth a try. I added some green beans to at least trick my mind that I was eating something fresh and healthy. Both boys looked at their plates said "yum!" and dug in... I was a little shocked, this is the first time probably ever that I've made one meal, and it was Tuna Helper of all things! Little Man said he really liked the "chicken" and Squirt and Little Man raced to see who could eat their green beans fastest. Even as I'm writing this, I'm still amazed... I'm sure tonight things will be back to "normal" but wow! what a night!

3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Hey Julia!!
I decided to look at my "blog" and if you've looked at it lately you'll notice that I must use the term "blog" loosely:) Anyway, I saw that you had left me a comment. I don't even know when it was. I need to get rid of it because, if you haven't seen it lately, it looks EXACTLY the same as it did when you left the comment. kind of embarassing. Anyway, yours is cute though. I need to start doing fun things with my kids like you do now that my school schedule is a little less crazy. We should hang out more. OK, so have a good day!!

{krista} said...

Oh my gosh, tuna helper is a staple around our house. However, Cody won't touch it to save his life (or anything with cheese/cream in it... talk about a picky eater), but whenever he is gone, my kids devour the stuff! I'm glad your boys liked it.

Genny said...

He thought tuna was chicken? Does he think he's Jessica Simpson? ha ha