Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today my pants won't button...

I'm mean really?!? Is this fair? I'm only 9 weeks along.

But a friend told me about the Bella Band. Have you heard about this? It's basically like a spandex sleeve. You wear it over your waistband of your pants, it will hold them in place so you can wear them unbuttoned. Then when you are huge at the end, it will add extra support and it's supposed to help you fit back into those pre-pregnancy jeans quicker after you have baby. And it just looks like your wearing an undershirt.

I picked one up yesterday (at Target, $16.99) and totally needed it today. NOT FAIR.


I went to the Dr this week. I had Ultrasound #3 (my insurance company is just going to love me) but baby is still there and still doing good. When I had my first ultrasound they found a tear somewhere and it looked like I was bleeding internally. That's comforting isn't it? I can't even tell you what it was, he was using way to many technical terms. 2 weeks later it was still there, and this week he could see where it was but thought that it looked like it had healed. Good thing. "Taking it easy" is not easy when you have 2 kids!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey! I got a Bella Band too! Only I paid $25 at a maternity store because they told me I couldn't find them anywhere else. Those shysters!!! Anyway, I still use it today (to go for the layered look or cover up cleavege), it's awesome!

mechan said...

I found this really cool website.
ivillage.com
I belong to the January expecting club of 2010
you should sign up for the February one.
It has really helped me out with this whole morning sickness days clothes don't fit. Don't fell bad I was wearing maternity clothes at 5 weeks. That was one indication for me was my favorite pants were way to tight and I was like what the heck i walk a mile a day

Robins Fam said...

I love the bella band! I found it way too late...how come I didn't know about it the first 2 times around or even the first 6 months of the third? I love it though! Also, I always use a rubberband with my pants. I loop it through the button hole, then put both ends around the button and it keeps them closed a little better, with a little stretch.

Krista said...

I glad the little babe is still there and doing fabulous!!!

Nancy said...

They have all these new things. They didn't have anything way back when I had you kids.
I am sure glad that the Dr. gave you something for your sickness.
I wish I was there to help with your two boys.

Train Gang said...

I'm so excited to try Adrienne's "cleavege cover up" idea with the band!!! I need ideas cause the one I got doesn't hold my shorts up well enough!

Miller Family said...

Congratulations Julia! I hope that all goes well...Robyn also had that tear thing and she is fine now...I am so excited that you are expecting!!!!! Any trips planned here any time soon?