Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My brother Bryce, pointed out that:

Little Man + Squirt + Crazy Pregnant Lady = Great Blog Stories

So here are a few of the crazy and insightful things my children have said/done/thought about having a new baby.

I didn't want to tell the boys that I was pregnant until I actually knew there was a baby in there. (The pain and sadness Little Man felt last time ((2 years ago/ectopic pregnancy)) was heart breaking and I didn't want that to happen again) anyway, my doctor was awesome and got me in for an ultrasound in 3 days. It was funny because at that point it hadn't even developed into a baby yet, you could see the sac and the yolk. But it was there and that's all that mattered.
align="left">

Anyways... the day before I went in for the ultrasound Squirt came up to me and said "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy?" I didn't want to lie to him but I didn't want to tell him either at this point. So I said something to the effect of... "How... what... why... Did somebody tell you that?" "No" "why do you say that?" "Because you do!" And he walked away. When I showed him the picture the next day and told them that I was having a baby, he just looked at me like "why are you telling me this, I know that." It was crazy weird.

So imagine my concern when a few days later he told me there were 2 babies in my tummy. Talk about freak out mode. But I've since had a 2nd ultrasound, and there is only 1. HUGE WEIGHT LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS. (See I made the foolish comment about a year ago, that I think my body can only handle one more pregnancy so if I'm meant to have 4 kids, the Lord better send twins. That comment kept flowing thru my mind until that 2nd ultrasound!) He is now telling everybody who will listen that he's going to have a baby Sister, and so I'm just gonna go with that and keep my fingers crossed.

Well I showed Little Man that 2nd Ultrasound, which had developed into an actual baby, and told him that the baby was about the size of a blueberry. And Little Man says to me: "Wait mom, if the baby is only this big (holding up his fingers) then why are you so fat?" CLASSIC! I just told him I wanted to know the same thing, how can you get mad at the simple truth that they see?

All in all though, the boys are so excited. Squirt talks to the baby all the time, including trying to undress me in the middle of church to give the baby a kiss. He knows it's going to be a sister and they have some very interesting names that they think we are going to call the baby. Little Man is thrilled but a little embarrassed to talk to my "fat." I can't wait until they can actually feel the baby move. That might make it a little more real to them!

8 comments:

Train Gang said...

yahhhh! I'm still so excited. little man's question is something I ask myself everyday! so funny.

I think these kids know what they are talking about, so you probably are have a girl. My girls always told me from the beginning that I was having another girl, and they were right. eventhough simi told me she wanted a brother, she said, but mom, we are having a sister.

kids are awesome. how are you feeling?

The Prices said...

Your boys are awesome! Too bad we don't live near each other, I'll bet little man and my little man could be good friends!

Stephanie Ewell said...

I am so excited for u Juls! Cant wait to see # 3- I agree with Rach- its too bad we arent all neighbors in stepford neighborhood huh?? hahaha

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

too cute!

Nancy said...

Never underestimate the wisdom of little children.

Robins Fam said...

Hooray, Julia!!! Congratulations to you all! I hope the boys are right that you are having a girl...everyone needs that extra drama in their life of having a daughter! We are so happy for you!

charm said...

Congrats, guys! That's so awesome! Crossin' my fingers it's a girl! :) Oh, and by the way, a few days ago Cannon said "Wow, those are big on the top".... pointing to my legs. I said, "Yeah I know." Then he comes up and starts shaking my upper thighs and says "jiggle jiggle jiggle). I'm still trying to stop the vibration!! ha ha Congrats again!

The Johnson's said...

I'm soooooo excited for you!!! I know the aprehension you feel after losing one. It sucks. but you've seen good ultrasounds and that's HUGE!!! I'm so happy for you. congratulations!!