Thursday, July 23, 2009

Have you ever needed your kids to go away for a night, just so that you'll like them again when they come back?

Call me a bad mom, if you must, but my kids have been whiney, cranky, quick to scream/fight/punch each other (or me), tired, bored, etc... I could go on and on. So it was off to Grandma's they go.

I had the best night. I went to dinner with my husband and actually got eat my meal while it was still warm. That hasn't happened in a while!

Anyway, the next day they come home. I'm happy to see them, they are happy to see me. They are excitingly telling me all that they did. And then started the "Mom, I want a snack"'s that make me crazy. Grandma had just informed me they both pigged out at breakfast, so I told them they had to wait (it was, after all only 8am) and then started the whining, cranky, bad attitude boys I had sent away just the day before.

Squirt tells me "Grandma had orange juice! we have to have orange juice... I want orange juice... I WANT ORANGE JUICE" you get the picture.

Grandma told me Little Man ate 2 scrambled eggs, 1 pancake and a glass of orange juice for breakfast (this is the kid that whines about having to eat anything) I asked him why he doesn't eat that good for me, to which he replied "Well, I love Grandma"

If that doesn't warm your heart I don't know what will.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

You're not a bad mom, just a normal one. We all have those days where we would like to sell our children to the gypsies. Fortunately, just about the time we can't take anymore they ususally do something incredibly sweet, thoughtful or funny that completely melts us and reminds us why we chose to be mothers in the first place. Hang in there.

{krista} said...

Kids are stinkers - no matter who they belong to.

Nancy said...

I truly believe that being a mom is the hardest job there is!
When your kids are young and at home they don't appreciate all you do for them. They know that you are always there for them.
Enjoy your kids while they are young and at home.
When they leave it is quite different!
I miss you guys!!!!!

JT42 said...

if you're a bad mom then so am i...i just wish i could actually follow through on the thought that someone else be able to watch them just one night, so i can eat, think, read, go to bed by 10pm and sleep an entire 8 hours straight!!! glad you got to do that. don't sell them to the gypsies yet...i have to tell you which ones are best first ;)
you're doing great, they just know that your energy is down and they want their MOM!!