Friday, April 25, 2008

What Squirt learned this week...

We have these huge arcadia doors leading out to our backyard. It's an 8 foot window, so I guess a 4 foot door, it is very heavy, you litteraly have to put all your weight into opening it. Squirt has been working out apparently, because he can now open the door. He's not tall enough to unlock the door, so he would get a kid size chair and drag it over, unlock the door and open it. Squirt is such a quiet child that this has only broadened my search area for when I loose him! Well I removed the chairs because not only would he escape, he would let the dog in, it seemed only when he was soaking wet and muddy... anyway on to my story... last night we were all outside playing, Squirt decided to go in, so he used all his little weight, opened the door, closed it again and then LOCKED the door. I seriously heard the click of the lock from across the yard. Now, to lock the door, you just flip the switch up, which was the easy part, but as I said before he is not tall enough to flip it down, and me being the genius I am, removed the chair!! Now problem #2 was that Dora the Explorer was on, Squirt loves Boots the Monkey (Dora's sidekick for you that are toddler free) a war could go on around Squirt and as longs as Boots is on the TV, he would not notice. So Hubbie, Little Man and I are pounding on the door, yelling at Squirt, screaming to get his attention... he's standing in the middle of the room completely ingrosed in the TV. We we're plotting which window would be cheapest to replace so we could break it and get into the house, when by the grace of God a commercial came on and Squirt turned to look at us like "What are you guys doing there?" Squirt pulled and pushed and tugged and hit the window himself, but he couldn't get it open and finally I got through his little brain that he needed to try to reach the lock. The good Lord decided to choose that exact moment for my little shorty to grow an inch because he finally reached the lock and we were able to go inside. This ordeal really only lasted like maybe 3 minutes, but I was just sure he was going to kill himself or something before we could get in... And you people want me to have more kids?!?!

Anyway as a follow up to my previous post... the candy isn't working anymore. Today I put Squirt on the potty because he started to take his diaper off, but he just wouldn't go. He wanted to fill the toilet with toilet paper. So I said Come on Squirt, remember you go pee pee you get candy. He looked at me and said "I no want" and got down and walked away. I really really really want to be done buying diapers but I guess this is going to take a while.

5 comments:

Genny said...

That is the BEST story I've heard in a long time!!!

JT42 said...

oh man what a story... having more only makes it more fun!!
as for potty training, good luck, if you learn any secrets pass them on...i would say that is not my best issue...

{krista} said...

Ah, that brings back memories of when Ashlee locked the door behind me in the middle of winter one time. Deadbolts! And she couldn't figure out how to unlock them. It was the very next day that I started hiding a key outside!

Tanner is just too cool! I understand you guys are coming up one of these days? Can't wait to see you all!

Train Gang said...

I can totally see Tanner's face at commercial time, when he spotted his family! LOL>

The Johnson's said...

Funny,funny,funny boys. He is just soo cute though. Sorry the candy isn't working anymore. He'll get it. You make cute kids so you should probably have another.