Friday, April 11, 2008

Some thoughts on my Squirt...

After spending a pleasant evening with his children last night, Hubbie said to me "Squirt is just the sweetest little guy, I actually find my self missing him when I'm at work..." (he went on to ask if not missing Little Man is a bad thing?!? I said no, I won't miss him either when he goes to kindergarten! ok... maybe a little) anyway back to the subject- I raised one eyebrow and turned my head slowly to glare at him, "oh yeah, he's sweet"
These are the few things he's done over the past few days that make him so "sweet" *I went in his bedroom to check on him one night before going to bed and found 2 books torn to pieces, I guess he was bored?
*He copies everything Little Man does, including the attitude... yesterday, he decided he didn't want to finish his lunch, so he threw the food across the table and got down, I said something to the effect of - get your butt back here, do you want a time out, and he turned around, glared at me, pointed his little finger, and growled a "No" at me, turned around and walked away like he owned the place. (I had to hide my laugh on this one, it was actually really cute)
*because he doesn't talk yet, the day is usually a guessing game. Today he opened the pantry door, pointed and started grunting. The conversation went like this... Do you want crackers? NOOOO cereal? NOOOOO fruit snacks? NOOOOOOO pretzels? NOOOOOO......(insert whole inventory here)....... corn? NOOOOOOOO gravy? NOOOOOOOO I give up, I pick him up and he grabs a plastic cup and then walks to the frige, where we start the game over again. Milk? NOOOOOOOO Water? NOOOOOOOO... (inventory again, even though the milk and water are the only things to drink in the cup he wanted)........... Cheese? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Milk? YEAH!
*and my very favorite... I love these words - "MOM! Squirt took his clothes off again..." when they come out of Little Man's mouth. this means I have to go investigate where ever he is playing to make sure he didn't pee on the carpet. Today however, he was on my bed watching a movie when this happened, my bed is too high and he's scared to get down, so you guessed - he pee'd all over my bed.

But you know what though, he is my sweet little boy alot of the time, he loves to give kisses, Little Man goes to Squirt for consolation when he's upset (it's actually so cute, Little Man will lay his head in Squirt's lap and Squirt just nods like he totally understands and pats his back) and he's a shy little guy around others and so he just wants to cuddle with me when others are around. So yeah, I guess he is just "the sweetest little guy" as Hubbie said, he just doesn't get to have as much "fun" as I do all day!

1 comment:

Train Gang said...

I"m laughing so hard!!! GREAT stories! I love the "insert whole inventory" and that really is the sweetest thing I've heard all day that Tanner comforts his brother. It will probably always be that way even when they are grown--they will turn to eachother for support!