Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh, I thought of one more thing that happened this week, I guess my week wasn't as dull as I thought... (I posted a couple things so scroll down if you're interested)
I went out into my garden a few days ago and look at what I found just "hangin around"

That is a tomato there for those of you who can't tell. ha ha j/k.

It's very cool to see all your hard work (or in my case my husbands hard work!) produce something. And I have 13 sunflowers popping out of the ground and lots of hollyhocks. I'm excited to have sunflowers because last year I planted them and they were just not meant to be... I planted them and waited patiently, then they all sprouted one day, and I went out the next day to see them and they were all gone, thanks to probably a little mouse. So I spiked my garden shed with some D-Con and planted them again, this time in little containers. Well I waited patiently again and they sprouted again. I swear the very next day I heard water running in the back yard and found Little Man making a pond in the yard and he was dumping out all my containers of sunflowers. There were all my little sprouts just floating on top of the pond. I was so mad all I could do was laugh histarically or I may have killed my boy! So sunflowers were doomed last year, but they're coming on strong this year with help from some more D-con and chicken wire!

1 comment:

JT42 said...

awesome! seeing that picture just makes me want to go plant my garden right now! but i have to wait another month and a half...we're still getting freezing/snow/frost temps...yeah for you. i love gardens!