Friday, April 18, 2008

Potty Training

I wouldn't say I'm actually "Potty Training" Squirt, but he is interested and goes 3-4 times a day on the toilet. I always give him a couple of skittles to reinforce that it was a good thing, and he is definatly so proud of himself when he goes. However, he won't tell me when he needs to go, instead just takes of his diaper. Yesterday, I came in from doing yard work and found him running around butt naked. There was a small puddle on the floor (thankfully on the wood about 2 inches from the rug) I asked him where his diaper was and he took me to the bathroom where he had put it in the garbage and then showed me the potty seat on the toilet, he had tried to sit on it but he's just not tall enough. Can you get mad when he tried to do the right thing?
Today was just flat out funny though. He went several times, a very small amount. Then in the afternoon, he took off his diaper so I took him in to the bathroom, I heard like a drop of pee hit the water and he said "Ahh duh, anny?" Translation-"All Done, Candy?" So maybe the candy thing isn't working for me? Or maybe it is, I don't know!

1 comment:

The Johnson's said...

I'm a little jealous. I think the candy thing is working. Even if he only pees a little bit. Could you get your kid to keep his pants on a church though? That would be great!! he he he