Sunday, April 27, 2008

More "precious" moments with my children

Well to sum up this post I'll just say: I lost Squirt today, and Little Man won't ever get kidnapped, and had a timeout. I'm also going to start calling my kids booger #1 and booger #2

First, I lost Booger #2. I heard him shout my name at 6 am. Needless to say I ignored him. Then at 6:30 Little Man came in my room. I can't ignore him so I got up. When I went to get Squirt, his door was open and his bed was empty (remember he's not tall enough to open his door) Little Man said he hadn't seen him. I did a quick check and couldn't find him anywhere in the house. So I ran to the doors, the front door and door to the garage we're locked and he's too short anyway, so I ran to the arcadia door (that you all now know he CAN open) and it's locked too. It was a wierd moment. It was like okay- don't panic- he has to be in the house, but I kindof feel like panicing because I can't find him. So I did a quick check again and found him in Little Man's room playing in the closet, behind the hamper with 2 small animals. He looked up and said "Hi"- I told you he was quiet! My mother in law says he's "stealth" that fits too.

Booger #1 and I we're having a conversation the other day. He wanted to play out front with some neighbor boys who are much older than him. I was trying to explain that it's dangerous and he could get kidnapped. He finally says "Mom look, if someone stops to kidnap me I will just say 'STOP (putting up hand in Stop gesture) I already have a mom' and then they will go away and kidnap someone else" Oh is that how it works- well that's just a comfort to me to know.
As for his timeout- I'm playing the piano in primary when all of the sudden I hear someone whisper quiet forcefully "Little Man, now" and then drag my kid out of the room. Needless to say I totally screwed the song up, but I was a little distracted. When I asked him about it later, he said "Well, I was just being a little hyper" My friend Laura who is the primary president and also the one who dragged him out made me feel better, she's a teacher, and she assured me that he will survive kindergarten, although I'm still not sure- his teacher will probably kill him or me. She also said to me a few weeks back when I commented that I thought booger #1 was ADHD or something "No, I'm pretty sure he's just a 4 year old boy." Coming from her, it just made me feel so much better. So thanks Laura! Oh, I also made booger #1 go apologize to her, it was so cute to see him tug on her skirt and whisper something to her. He really is an okay kid...

2 comments:

{krista} said...

School might just be what Chasetin needs!

JT42 said...

yeah, i think the same things about bryant and he's been in preschool this year, but friends keep telling me he's just acting his age...i'm not sure i like the fact that i have to "experiment" on the oldest child to even get a clue :)