Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bleeding $$

Did you ever have one of those days where you feel like your bleeding money?

I woke up yesterday and was reminded that Little Man had library today so I better pay his fines so he can check out books. See last week for the first time ever I had him fill his water bottle before going to school so I could comb my hair (didn't want to be one of those mom's I see all over campus that look like they just rolled out of bed). When I pick him up I get informed I need to go see the librarian. Apparently, he didn't put the lid on right and there was about 2 inches of water in his backpack by the time he got to school. Every thing was ruined including 2 National Geographic books. Library Fines = $31!!

Then he reminds me that it's the Santa Shop at school too, so I wrote a check for another $15 so he could buy us all cheap, crappy gifts from the heart.

Then I went to Walmart for like 2 things and left $82 poorer:( That was a moment of weakness I tell you, only wish I was indulging myself. No I was buying air filters for the furnace and weather stripping for my doors and windows and the stuff to make 5 pounds of fudge, that- I'm sure I will regret later:(

Then I pick up Little Man only to discover that someone "Stole" his brand new coat I bought about 2 weeks ago. This is the 2nd coat this year. And it was 35 degrees this morning, so I don't have much choice to go buy another one.

Then on the way home he informs me that he "totally forgot" to take his lunchbox with him to lunch and so he didn't eat it, he just bought a lunch. I said okay well what did you have? His response: a bagel. Anything else? No, just the bagel. YOU MEAN THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $2.25 FOR A BAGEL??? That one topped the cake. I could buy him a package of bagels and the cream cheese to go with it for $2.25.

Then, this one didn't cost me money but it felt like the perfect end to the perfect day. I walk in the door only to have my dog, for some strange reason, run between my legs and down the street. I throw the mail in my hand, tell the boys to stay inside and take off RUNNING after my dog. I don't run anymore people. I went 2 full blocks before I caught him, thanks to the help of a little girl who said "She wuved my puppy!" So I limp home carrying my dog I'm about to kill only to see my 2 children standing in the street cheering me on. I get home and tell them to both go inside.
I say to Squirt "Go inside, I thought you had to go potty."
He says "I already went mom, I pee'd on the rocks"
"The rocks in the front yard??"
To which Little Man responds, oh so proud of himself, "Yeah, I did too- but don't worry mom, no one was watching!"

I couldn't even respond to that one, I just hung my head and walked inside. It was just one of those days:(

4 comments:

Hailee said...

I love your blog.

The Prices said...

Oh dear. Hope tomorrow's better...and cheaper.

S and RA Beazer said...

Julia, how do you stay sane. Hope life gets better. Can I send you my $300 plumbing bill.

Julia said...

no thanks RA, I had my own plumbing bill last week!!