Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Fun...

I have lots of photo's to post of the Holidays. But that involves reading the manual to my new camera, which I will do ... eventually!

I think I probably say this every year, but this Christmas was just the best. There is such joy in seeing your children so happy they could burst. The cool thing about this year is the lack of stress I felt. I had this brilliant idea back in like February, to save a little each paycheck for Christmas, (I don't know why this concept hadn't dawned on me before this... sometimes I'm a little slow) but it was amazing how cool it made my Christmas. I paid cash for everything, brought it home, wrapped it and didn't feel that guilt of did I go overboard? I also finished all my sewing projects a good 2 weeks before Christmas so I didn't feel rushed by anything.

We went out Christmas Eve Eve (I'm declaring it a holiday as well) We went to the mall to visit Santa, because somehow we managed to forget that. Woops:( We split up and let the boys buy each other a gift which was actually really fun. Little Man was way into getting Squirt something. Squirt just didn't understand why he couldn't buy something he wanted. Then we ate at The Rainforest Cafe. That was so much fun, my boys were in awe. Then we went over to see the Temple Lights in Mesa. It was cold and we were assaulted by missionaries (one even asked to see Scott's cell phone so he could write down all his numbers to contact them- can you imagine??) but all in all it made for a really wonderful night.

Christmas Eve we went and saw "A Christmas Carol" Little Man watched most of it with his hands over his eyes, but I think he got the message and said he liked it when it was over. Then we went out to Hubbie's parents house and had a mexican feast. We also had a nativity and I have to say that Joseph and the lone Wise Man were just too cute!

Christmas Day we spent by ourselves because Hubbie had to go to work that night. We made our own Turkey feast and it was delish! I ended up going back out to Hubbie's parents house that night so the kids could play with their cousins who came into town that day. Fun was had by all!

Little Man loved his quilt I made... the little Stinker. Santa brought him a bike and I heard him go out into the living room Christmas morning, say "Oh...My...Gosh..." and then charge into my room. "Santa brought me a bike, and it has training wheels just like I asked for" and he was off again.

Squirt was the sweetest little thing. EVERY present he opened he said "It's just what I always wanted" whether it was batteries, underware, or a new dinosaur. He also got a new bike. We went outside to ride them and it was the coolest thing ever. My boys are getting so big!

Cooper (the dog) also celebrates his birthday on Christmas Day. He turned 8, so we got him this HUGE dog bone. He put it in his mouth and just walked around with it. It was about as big as his head so it was really hillareous. NO ONE is allowed to go near it still. Good times.

The one gift that I was shocked over was the gorgeous little necklace Little Man got me from the Holiday House at school. Now, I know that it only cost him like $5, because that's all the money I sent him with but it's a silver heart and it says "Mom" in it. It was so special to me I actually teared up. My boys are so sweet.

We took Christmas slow... each taking turns to unwrap presents (and then throw away the paper 'cause I'm anal like that) and it made the morning go smooth too. There was no fighting, no whining, no complaining. Can everyday be Christmas??

Little Man actually asked Santa for a Santa suit because he loves to play Santa that much. So of course after it was all said and done he re-wrapped everything in towels and blankets and had Christmas all over again. Kids make Christmas time so fun.

This is the last week of Hubbie on nights. 3 more days to be exact. That will just end the year on a perfect note. Now we're onto getting ready for baby. Cause ready or not... here she comes!

5 comments:

Robins Fam said...

Fun Christmas Julia! No fighting or whining! What a beautiful Christmas miracle!! Can't wait to see the pics. And hey, I can't believe your baby girl is going to be here soon!! How fantastic! Oh, and I've done a ton of research on cloth diapers, if you're interested, email me. I haven't actually tried any of them, but it surprised me how much is really out there! Happy New Year.

Nancy said...

Julia it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Kids make Christmas come alive. I remember when you and your brothers were young kids at home and how me and your dad loved Christmas morning. It seems like at Christmas time love is very strong and kids are so much nicer to each other.(I always hoped it would last.)
Enjoy your children while they are young.
We missed seeing you this Christmas, but we also had a wonderful day.

Nancy said...

By the way, can't wait to see your pictures.

{krista} said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas indeed!

S and RA Beazer said...

sounds ideal. Looking forward to pictures and even more of the new baby pictures. she will be beautiful, like her mother.