Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little Snot

I've had to depend on Squirt keeping secrets this year about what everyone is getting for Christmas. I realize that relying on a 3 year old is a dangerous game I'm playing but so far he's done okay. I made it through almost all of Hubbie's shopping by making a game out of it. "SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's a super special secret, so don't tell Daddy" "He He He, okay mom."

I also decided to make quilts for both boys. I totally made Squirts during the day, he could have cared less what I was doing. (And it looks awesome, by the way!!) But when I started to work on Little Man's he became all interested in the sewing machine and wanting to help. And then he started asking questions. Well, last night I had to work on it some more (once they were in bed), I'm getting close to the deadline here, afterall. Squirt kept coming out of his room and bugging the CRAP out of me. Once he realized what I was doing it got worse. I kept explaining to him that he needed to go to bed and don't spoil Little Man's surprise. After about the 6th time doing this, he sticks his head out of his door and says "Ha Ha, I told him!" in this little sing-song, snotty little voice.

I'm only hoping Little Man didn't understand what he was saying since the rest of us hardly ever can.

2 comments:

DeNae said...

Cute, cute family. I just dropped by to say hello and thank you for de-cloaking long enough to comment back at my place! Baby #3 soon, huh? Get ready for zone defense!

mechan said...

My little one got his brother and sister a gift we wrapped them put them under the tree and then he gave them to them and said sis yours is a barbie and brother i forgot what i got you.