Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oh My...

Let me preface this post with this disclaimer: My husband has never once hit me. Got it? Okay, now keep reading.

My boys have spent a few days out at their Grandma's house. My Mother-in-Law calls to tell me of a conversation she had with Squirt. It's never a good sign when she asks if I'm sitting down!

She said Little Man hit Squirt and so Squirt came and crawled up on her lap to be consoled. He says something to the effect of: I cry when Bubby hit's me "Just like Mommy cries when Daddy hits her" he then informs Grandma that "Mommy has bumps and bruises all over" WHAT THE HECK??

Fortunately, Little Man came into the room just in time to defend his Daddy's honor. And it's also fortunate that Hubbie's mother knows that he wouldn't hit me, otherwise he'd have some explaining to do!

Now I think we need to have a chat with Squirt - if he said that to somebody that didn't know us, this could get ugly!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You always wonder where your kids get their ideas. Squirt must like making things up and the attention that he gets.

Adrienne said...

Seriously, where do kids learn this?!? Ollie is hardly one and she is constantly biting and pinching and hitting everyone. I've shown her nothing but love!!