Sunday, December 13, 2009

Update:

So Little Man understood Squirt alittle too well yesterday. He says to me: "Mom, I know you're making me a blanket and I'm going to hate it."

See, about a month ago he saw me sewing some stuff and told me he DID NOT want me making him clothes or anything for Christmas. He only wanted toys and if I made him something he'd just hate it. I left the room so I didn't do something hazzard to his health.

I mean come on, it's not like I'm sewing his jeans or underware or knitting him sweaters with cats on them. It's a freaking blanket.

I'm so close to throwing Christmas in the trash. So close.

7 comments:

{krista} said...

Ah, what a stinker..... he'll probably love it..... eventually.

mechan said...

I always enjoyed my mom's homemade gifts such love went into every stitch. He will love it.

deanna said...

I made my kids blankets and they liked them last year. Just wait until they seem them. They are going to be all soft and in colors/themes that they like and it will be good. Probably. lol.

Miller Family said...

I cannot believe you are so far along in your pregnancy already! Why does everyone elses go by so darn fast?
Ps congratulations on the new nephew!
PSS I love your parents!!!!!

Train Gang said...

you are a cool mom! Robb has a quilt that his mom made him for christmas when he was like 7. maybe at the time he was mad that he didn't get a toy... but 25 years down the road he still has the quilt and its super special, now we will always have it and he tells our girls that Nana made it when he was little like them. a toy will just be trash in a couple years, but you can't replace your gift to them. so keep sewing!

Brady said...

I hope you made it a blanket he will want to keep around forever, no kid pattern. Mom made me, Bryce and Bryan blankets when we all lived in the basement together. I don't remember how old we were, but we were pretty young, As far as I know we still all have then, mine is still the only blanket I use, its the only blanket on my bed right now, and its been that way since I got it. Mom let use help make them though. If he doesn't like it, I'll take it.

Nancy said...

I am glad Brady liked his blanket. But they were older when we made them.
I am sure your Little Man will love it, even if he doesn't show it.