Sunday, November 29, 2009

How could I forget...

to tell you our totally awesome news?!!??!

Starting in January, Hubbie is getting transfered to A DAY JOB!!!!

For the past 18 MONTHS, we have been "passing in the hallway." I go to work all day, come home, make dinner, pack it up for him and he goes to work all night. He comes home, helps with breakfast and getting the kids ready, and we go to work/school... and so the cycle went. FUN TIMES PEOPLE!

In many ways this past 18 months has made us appreciate the time we do have with him. Daddy time is so valuable, I'm not even aloud to interupt (I guess they get enough of me?) On day's Hubbie picks up Little Man from school, Little Man always so kindly reminds me not to come home a minute early and interupt his time with Daddy. And as for me and Hubbie, when we do get to talk, we laugh and just enjoy each others company. I appreciate every little thing he does for me so much more, and he seems so much more grateful for all the little things I do for him. They're the little things that, after being married for almost 9 years, used to go unnoticed.

So needless to say we are so excited. It's a normal schedule M-F, with really flexible day hours. It's a brand new division that the county has created from a government grant. He interviewed for it about a month ago, along with 100 other people. Because they were only hiring 7 people, he wasn't really hopeful, but he had no idea how hard Little Man was praying everynight for "Daddy to work during the day, so I can see him more." The faith of a child goes a long way!!

Here's the cool part: The supervisor called around 9am and left a message, (Hubbie was sleeping) She was going to tell him that he was #8 on the list and that they could only hire 7 people. She really wanted him, but there were people with more seniority and so he's next in line. She was very impressed with his skills, blah blah blah. By the time he called her back at 4pm, someone else had backed out and he was in!!

So here's to 2010. It's going to be a great year!

4 comments:

{krista} said...

That is fantastic news indeed! Congratulations Scott!

SuperMommy said...

YAY!! Congrats!

Nancy said...

Hip! Hip! Horray for Scott!
I am sure life will be much more enjoyable.

Train Gang said...

will you please write that in to the Friend Mag?? that is so sweet. I always love reading the little things that kids do and write about (or have their mom's help) to the Friend, but little man's is extra special. I'm happy for your family.