Friday, November 6, 2009

Pregnancy Update

See that little do-hicky thing to the right?? It says I only have 99 days left of being pregnant. WOOT WOOT! (That's only like 3 months... remember just a few days ago when it said like 205 days? Time flies when your having fun I guess!)

I got my H1N1 shot this week, which was a HUGE load off my chest. I swear, stories of pregnant women dying were suddenly every where I looked. I was even in line at Joann's just minding my business when some (nosy) kind older women starts asking me what I'm making and how far along I am, and what I'm having, and what I'm naming her. And then she throws out "Did you hear about the pregnant women last week that got the swine flu. They saved the baby but she died... Isn't that terrible??" I wanted to respond with "Did you hear about the old lady who got beat down in a local Joann's for stressing out a pregnant girl?" but I kindly responded with "Ya, it's just terrible... yada yada yada..." So if you're worried about what the shot will do to you, I was just your Guinea pig, I'm still alive, so go get it.

I went to the doctor this week and had to step on the dreaded scale. I was expecting a few pounds weight gain because food is my friend again, but I was not expecting what I saw. Ya right, I'm so not telling YOU! It's okay because I had gained nothing up to this point, but to say that I gained it all in the last 4 weeks, is just bad. The doctor was like "Looks like you had a good Halloween, did the baby like all that candy?" And then he measures me and says "Well, your measuring a little big" Well duh... I just gained XX pounds for crying out loud! Today I also noticed that I couldn't button my super cute maternity jeans (they were the under the belly type ones, I don't know why they make maternity jeans that still require buttoning but they were cute none the less). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

For what ever reason my DR. is giving me a "complimentary" 3-D ultrasound next month. I'm so excited! So there is an update for you... Until next time!

6 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

looking forward to seeing the pictures. It's okay if you put on a little weight, it's part of being pregnant. I am sure you are a beautiful mother to be.

The Prices said...

why do doctors ever make lame comments like that about weight...doesn't he have a wife?!

{krista} said...

he owes you a complimentary 3-d U/S after commenting about your weight. LOL

Glad you got your h1n1 shot!!!

dawn said...

Maybe you are due sooner than anticipated :)

Train Gang said...

I just saw you at church and I can't believe you only have 3 months left! you are so tiny. way to go; celebrate that!

JT42 said...

yeah for the flu shot, finally got mine too and it really is a weight off the shoulders.
by the way, those super cute jeans can still be worn...just stop over at target and get a "bella band" it will hold your pants up that can't be buttoned anymore and then they say after you have the baby you should wear it and it helps get those "skinny" jeans on faster-haven't tried that part yet :)
yeah for 3-D can't wait to see!