Thursday, April 30, 2009

A New Adventure

Now that we've almost conquered this potty training thing (almost, almost, almost....blah!) we've moved on to the new phase that is: STANDING TO PEE.

Now, I'd just as soon let him sit forever, but his big brother stands and it's so fun and so "Big Boy". This conversation occurs daily:
Me: Do you have to go potty?
Him: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Me: Come on, let's go
Him: Can I stand up?
Me: Fine, yes
Him: Alright.

This is an area I have no expertiese in, obviously, so Little Man tried to teach him, and then we called in reinforcements (DAD) who was like "what am I supposed to do? hold it for him?" Well I don't know, I've never done this before.

With Little Man he just came home from pre-school and announced "Hayden told me that girls sit to pee and that I should stand up and he showed me how." I was slightly disturbed about them being in the bathroom together, but well, it taught him how, so I let it go.

A few days ago I was helping him, and he just let go mid- stream and HIT THE WALL, with some force, that's a couple feet at least. He'll also try to talk to me, so my shower curtain (my white shower curtain) is yellow.

But today, I went in their bathroom (which I just never really go in, but apparently should) and it smelled like pee, I thought maybe a diaper had been left in the garbage (we still need them at night) but there wasn't one, so with some further investigation on my hands and knees I realized that the floor around the toilet was YELLOW, and crusty and gross and probably crawling in germs. This was more than a simple mopping can handle, it required some scrubbing.

I feel like showering just thinking about it.

3 comments:

{krista} said...

When they are 15, and when they are 38, they still get some hit and miss days. Especially when they are deep sleepers and get up to pee in the night - their aim is really quite extraordinary.

Nancy said...

That all sounds quite familiar.
Get use to having that awfull yellow stain around the toilet.
It helps when they get old enough so they can clean that up.

S and RA Beazer said...

Oh the joys of having boys. There is hope, they grow up and become someone elses problem. Enjoy them while you can.