Friday, April 10, 2009

Sports Induced Deafness

It's a real problem. In my house anyway. My Hubbie honestly feels that he can not be held responsible for forgetting something if I told him while he was watching a sporting event.

See the other night I was going to make Sweet & Sour shrimp. But I forgot the pineapple, which is important, without that it's just sour shrimp. So I asked Hubbie to go for me. And then I said "Oh, go to Bashas, because then you can take back the redbox DVD to Walgreens" (Walgreens is across the street from Bashas). I then decided "no, i'll just make cheeseburgers, we can have the shrimp tomorrow, but I'll still need you to take back the redbox" fine by him, he was watching basketball at the time and he didn't want to get up anyways.

Fast-forward a couple of hours, Hubbie is leaving to go take back the DVD. I'm assuring him that it is very simple to return the DVD (he's never done redbox) and he leaves. He comes back 30 minutes later and says "Why did you send me to Bashas? I wandered the store for like 20 minutes looking for the redbox thing. Then I remembered you said something about Walgreens so I went there and found the redbox, which I assume is where you meant for me to go, but why did you send me to Bashas??"

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

The next morning I realized I had a missed call from him from 8pm the night before. I didn't even remember him leaving the house, but he said. "Oh, that's when I was calling, wanting to know what the hell I was doing at Bashas"

It was too funny, and we both had a good laugh. At least he knows it's a problem and will admit it. He's just not willing to do what he has to do to stop it: CANCEL ESPN.

4 comments:

JT42 said...

LOL!

{krista} said...

LOL! Never talk to a man when his game is on. You might as well talk to the wall.

Nancy said...

I thought your Dad was the only one like this, only he doesn't have to be watching a sporting event.

Bryce said...

Haha, that's classic. It's a guy thing. If you don't give us a list, we'll probably mess it up.