Monday, April 20, 2009

As a mother, I try to teach my children the concept of "Stranger Danger" and Little Man just thinks I'm full of crap. Despite my best efforts the "bag of candy" or "hey I lost my dog" trick would snag my boys hook, line and sinker. Little Man often says things like: "Oh, I'll just tell them I already have a mom" or "If someone tries to take me I'll just run, cause I am the fastest runner ever mom" or my personal favorite "I'll just tell them to take my little brother instead."

But today he comes home to tell me that Jianna said (the all-knowing, wiser than mom, 6 year old he sits next to in class) that if someone tries to take you it's called "Kid-napping" and they don't even let you say goodbye to your mom and they will feed you poison! Gasp!

Well that did it. He's a believer now. And hats off to Jianna's mom, she was way more creative and convincing than me!

2 comments:

Robins Fam said...

It's wonderful to have helpers. As hard as we moms try...sometimes it has to come from another source to really sink in. Luckily this was good information coming from another source!

Miller Family said...

Your kids crack me up!