Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Week

This week has had it's up's and down's. It started off with a day off, always a good thing. We got together with some friends for a BBQ, that was fun too- aparently I'm pretty good at the drums in Rock Band- who knew??. While there I got a call from my mom that my grandma was not doing so well and they weren't expecting her to live through the night. Frankly, that's a call nobody wants to get. I got another call just 2 hours later, saying that she had passed away.

My parents forked over a small fortune to fly out there. They had a short layover in Phoenix on Wednesday, but I got a call at 11am from my dad saying that their plane had "broken" and they now had a 3 hour layover, so to come get them and we'd go to lunch. So I picked up Squirt, and we hauled it down to the airport (got there in 22 minutes, thank you very much!) I met them on the curb, it felt like I was "busting them out"- I slowed down, they jumped in and we sped away. So that was a nice little visit. Squirt wouldn't even look at them for the first little while, but he warmed up quickly. Next week they have a scheduled layover and we're going to do the same thing. I'll probably let Little Man skip school to come b/c we don't get to see Grandma and Grandpa often.

this is from 2 years back at our family reunion
grandpa, grandma, mom, me strangling Little Man, my dad holding Squirt and my brother Bryce.

The funeral for my Grandma was Friday- I wish I could have gone, but because people don't usually give you notice when they're going to die, we couldn't really make arrangements that quickly. My Grandma was pretty sick and I know that she's in a better place. I feel so sad for my Grandpa and really want to just give him a hug. He and my Grandma we're married for 63 years! Can you imagine. He must be so lonely right now.

Saturday we went to a wedding for Hubbie's cousin. It was very strange- Hubbie's cousin and his girlfriend have been together for like 12 years and they have 4 kids, I actually didn't even know that they weren't married. Not sure why they decided now to get married but what ever. Better late than never I guess.

And the best news of all- Bella goes bye bye tomorrow- I was dancing around my kitchen when I go that call!!

3 comments:

Genny said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma! It is so tough, especially when there's little or no warning. I hope you are feeling a little bit better. 63 years, wow. What a blessing to have a marriage like that.

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

I finally got your blog address!! I couldn't get it from your last comment but I was very glad to find it on Rachels. What a beautiful family you have. I love having the blogging world to keep in touch.

JT42 said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. i haven't lost one yet and i really don't want to, but i guess it's a part of the test isn't it. hope you're coping well.