Friday, September 5, 2008

The Book of Mormon

This past month our relief society challenged us to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days. At first I just threw the paper away thinking "OH, I am so sure!" But after some more thought, I decided to give it a try. And I DID IT!!! Who'd have thought??

They recommended we just read it like a novel, don't stop to highlight, etc. I kept pointing things out to Hubbie and he was just like "have you never read this before??" well, yes I have but never this way before. So it was cool and it just shows you that it can be done. Yes, I had to hide in the bathroom sometimes to escape my children, but it can be done! I probably could have done it in less than 30, but I had to take a 3 day break to read "Breaking Dawn"- I really was going to wait till the end of the month, but the curiosity was killing me. Too bad that that book was about twice as long as the Book of Mormon and I read it in 1/10 of the time. Oh, well- I did it and that's all that matters.

4 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

congrats, that's quite an accomplishment.

JT42 said...

way to go! i think i will have to do that before the year is threw...it's been on my "new years resolution" list and I'm running a little low on time ;) thanks for the inspiration!!

Genny said...

You are officially my hero. I hate to admit it, but I totally didn't take the challenge. I have to read in the dark, which means I read what is on my palm pilot, and I was already reading the History of the Church and didn't want to switch and risk losing my place because it's thousands of pages long! Lame excuse, I know. I will have to repent I guess.

Our Pease Pod said...

That is awesome. I remember hearing that if you read the BOM straight through-it would take 14 hrs or something. It would definitely flow better. Imagine reading a book a few paragraphs at a time and the next day having to remember where you left off and get into it again.
I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. Hope your family is doing okay.