Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bye Bye Bella, Bye Bye

She gone! She's really gone and for the first time since July, I got to sleep through the night. I swear that dog was as bad as a newborn! One time in the middle of the night, I went to take her out and when I opened my door (she slept caged in my bathroom) she ran the oposite way of the door and ran into the boys room and jumped on their bed, waking them in the process. I could have killed her. The next night I decided I'd pick her up so that this didn't happen again. Well aparently that little bit of pressure was all she needed because suddenly I was being pee'd on. Nothin' will wake you up like getting pee'd on at 2am. Again, I could have killed her. She really was a sweet dog, but I just didn't have the energy to keep up with a puppy, my other dog, and my 2 kids. I'm sooooooo glad she's gone!

Hubbie's grandma (the one who dumped her on us in the first place) found an older couple that really wanted her. So Monday morning I took her over to grandma's house. The whole way to school Little Man was begging me not to "sell" Bella, told him too bad, so sad... have a good day at school. Then after we dropped Little Man off, Squirt continued the plea: Bewa tay mommy, bewa tay pees. (Bella stay mommy, bella stay please) It was actually so sweet and a little heart breaking... oh well!

5 comments:

{krista} said...

We keep talking about getting a puppy one of these days, but for us, it would be an OUTDOOR puppy... I could not go through potty training! I'm glad you got rid of her. May your stress level go WAY down!!!

Our Pease Pod said...

I am surprised you lasted as long as you did. It's bad enough to be cleaning up after kids-atleast they're human. We have only tried a fish and cat so far and both of those are way low maintenance and they didn't work out for us. One of these days we may consider a dog-a little one. Anyway congrats on being puppy free.

Train Gang said...

so much to catch up on:
1) way to go on the BOM Challenge. I did it too and Robb didn't do it with me, but I got some similar comments from him that you got from scott! lol.

2) sweet yoga poses

3) loved the outlet that had a safety below, that is how most of ours look too.

JT42 said...

you are too funny. i couldn't and wouldn't have even considered "babysitting" for even a day! hope you can catch up on your sleep now ;)

Miller Family said...

Hello Julia and family,

We love your blog and its great to see you are doing well!! I am glad that we were able to connect after all these years! love Jessi Miller (Tatoris)