Saturday, August 22, 2009

What the heck??

Mother Nature, I have a beef with you. I'm all for the rain but that little show you put on last night was NOT. COOL.

For starters I had 2 extra little bodies in my bed. Not fun.


Then I hear several very large cracks. After only about 5 minutes of DOWNPOUR SO BAD YOU CAN'T SEE OUT this is what we found:


Yeah. Thats' a very large portion of my fence laying in my yard. At least it knocked down the sunflowers I've been meaning to cut down for 4 months. And look at the stunning view of the neighbors back yard. GORGEOUS! (not that my dead grass looks any better!)




Then there is this. See that clear view of the nice cloudy sky? Yeah, well that's not supposed to be there. My trellis roof is supposed to be there. And to top it off it's NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. Guess it's high time I meet my neighbors! Maybe it was deposited in their yard?




Then there is the "fort" at the top of the play-place. Minus green vinyl cover. It was barely hanging in before the storm- now it's just clean gone.




And then there is the basketball net. It was knocked over Backwards, and it had probably 7 cinder-block bricks on top of it for extra weight. I was watching when the wind knocked it over. It fell like a piece of paper. And missed taking out the other fence by about 10 inches! (I wish the wind had picked it up and blown it away, it's such an eye sore to my gorgeous (in the winter) lawn.)

So thanks for all the fun Mother Nature, but pass me by next time please!?

6 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

Wow, what a storm. Mother Nature certainly knows how to play games.

SuperMommy said...

Awesome...We lost a fence to a monsoon once. We also had some trees lose their tops. We need the rain, right?

Nancy said...

I am glad we weren't there when that happened.

Adrienne said...

Oh my gosh!! I didn't know Arizona could have such harsh weather (besides the heat)! Good luck with the clean up.

Train Gang said...

WOAH! i'm so sorry! That was way too much destruction for such a short storm. you'd think for your suffering we would have at least gotten more water out of it.

Emilie said...

Wow! All that fun after I left Arizona! Sorry to see your house took such a hit!