Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting to know Squirt

Now that Little Man is off to school again, I get to spend some quality time just me and Squirt. I feel like I'm getting to know him all over again. He loves to play with Little Man and will usually go along with what LM says to do. But left to himself, I've realized he has the biggest imagination!

Today we sat at the little picnic table and had lunch. He was the Dad, I was the Kid. He just kept talking to me, calling me kid. At one point I told him if he didn't eat his lunch he'd have to have a time-out. He replied: I'm a Dad, Dad's don't have time-outs.

Yesterday he found a package of stretchy headbands in my bathroom. He put them all on, kindof low- around his forehead and told me he was off to the gym, "See ya later Mom!"

Also, a few days ago, we were walking to the car after work and he made me stop to "pet the pigs". There was a whole family of them right there in the parking lot. I probably looked like I was on crack, bent down in the parking lot petting the imaginary pigs but to him, they were very much real. It was too cute. I've also played every animal imaginable. He's very serious when it comes to animal noises!

He turned on the CD player today and it turned on the Children's Songbook CD. Track #1 is I Am A Child of God. He shouted "singing time!" got real excited and then proceeded to sing the song. Now when it was just Little Man and me, we'd sing all the time, but with 2 it usually just turned into a fight over which song to sing next. But he's learned it all in Nursery, so I feel like I've got some catching up to do. But he is really a pretty smart kid. He needs a lot of work on his letters, but I've got time to work with him now. It'll be fun!

And the best part was: when Little Man comes home from school, they are SO HAPPY to see each other and they got along great for the rest of the evening! Oh Happy Day!

2 comments:

Robins Fam said...

How fun for you!! I bet Squirt is loving every minute of it, too.

Nancy said...

That sounds so fun. You two will really get to know each other.
That is also great when the two boys
really learn that they miss each other.
Have a good time!