Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Baby is beautiful!

I went to the Doctor today. I'm proud to announce that all of this vomiting is not completely worthless. I'm 2 pounds less than I was when I started this little journey, I've found the first trimester of pregnancy to be one of the most effective diets I've ever been on. Of course, it all goes down hill there towards the end. He gave me a new drug to try, so maybe it will help. I had a good weekend, my parents came for a couple of days and I didn't even feel nauseous. Then they left and it came back with a vengeance. Oh well, such is life. When I told the Dr. how sick I'd been he looked at my chart, noticed my 2 previous pregnancies were boys and said "Oh, I'll bet a Diet Pepsi it's a girl" I will take that bet!

Here are a couple of pictures of the baby. It actually looked like a baby today and it had a good strong heart beat.
Here it is laying face down, it's got it's little arms up by it's face and it legs folded underneath it.

Here it is facing the camera, kind of looks like an alien, but that's okay. It's still beautiful! You can see it's knees there on the right of the screen. It was a very wiggly, happy baby. I came home with about 7 different pictures and so now Squirt thinks that they are each a baby in my tummy. Can you imagine carrying 7 babies at once? No thanks! Oh and when I first got home, he wanted to know where the baby was. He thought I'd be bringing it home! He's so funny.

So today they've determined that the tear I had (I mentioned it a while back) has healed, but now they are noticing that my sac has not fused with something? I don't even know, they weren't real concerned but now I have to have another ultrasound in a month to make sure that it has corrected itself. And in 4 weeks time I'll be 17 weeks and should be able to find out the sex of the baby!!!! I've now had 5 ultrasounds, my insurance company is going to croak when they see this. So even though I'm feeling really crappy, I'm feeling very happy today!

4 comments:

Kaya said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL baby! I hope all goes well!

mechan said...

It is a cute baby I have my big ultrasound in 3 weeks we are hoping pink. I also saw Dr today and it has a good hb and it kicked the dr

{krista} said...

She is beautiful! (yeah, I'd bet a diet pepsi she's a she, and I don't even like diet pepsi). Maybe you should have kept your parents there if they are the pregnancy wonder drug! You could bottle them and make a mint. Except we are glad you are sending them to Idaho and sharing them with us!

Train Gang said...

I love ultrasound pictures!!! thank you! I'm so sorry you feel sick. I really really feel for you. its not fair waking everyday feeling like you have the flu or something worse. Squirt can come over anytime to play and let you vomit in peace! seriously.

p.s. so many ladies i've known were pregnant with girls when they felt so sick they couldn't stand it anymore...is it the hormones?