Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Mystery and Stuff...

I survived.

My "mommy" genes kicked into gear and karate chopped the flu right out of my system. Well, actually I still feel generally yucky, but it's nothing I can't handle. Although Squirt is deciding to go for round 2, so maybe I'll not be so lucky next time.

Now on to the randomness of my thoughts here.

Yesterday I had a tootsie pop. I love tootsie pops. This one was blue raspberry though, and my taste buds were screaming at me that this was not right. I was extremely medicated yesterday though and didn't think much of it. Naturally, I finished it.

tootsie pop Pictures, Images and Photos

It wasn't until today when Little Man had one as well, that I realized why a blue rasberry tootsie pop is wrong. He came to me and said "does this have gum in it or chocolate?" Blue Raspberry is a Blow Pop flavor NOT a Tootsie Pop flavor. (I"m pretty sure it was just your basic flavors: Cherry, Grape, Orange and Chocolate when I was growing up, as I said before I love tootsie pops, so I think I'd know. I could just be crazy though?) So I had another and realized what my senses were trying to tell me... there is gum in the middle of this sucker, but my logic is saying chocolate. It's actually a very wierd sensation.... Okay, I might have gone a little heavy on the meds today:)

There... mystery solved. Now you've all been enlightened. I was going to put a picture of a Blow Pop on here as well, but apparently that is too "Adult Content" for Photobucket?!

My toaster also caught fire today. That was fun. Maybe I should have just stayed in bed.

4 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

I was thinking the same thing a while ago. Blue raspberry is definitely NOT a tootsie pop flavor. Dum Dum, yes. Blow Pop, yes. Tootsie pop, no way!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Poor thing! I hope that you and your family start feeling better. Being sick is no fun!

{krista} said...

Blow pop is too adult for photobucket? That's funny!

I love tootsie pops. Haven't had one in forever.

Nancy said...

Julia, like I said you should write a book.
Sorry to hear that Tanner is sick again.