Monday, February 16, 2009

So most nights I sleep alone. I've grown accustomed to the space. I sleep in the middle of the bed, wrapped in the blankets with all 4 pillows. What ever space I don't hog, my dog takes the rest. (I don't care what your feelings are about my dog sleeping in my bed. I have the space and he keeps my feet warm!) Anyway, so last week on a night when I actually got to sleep with my husband (I mean that in a literal way thank you... get your mind out of the gutter) apparently I didn't share the bed so well. He said I rolled over, must have bumped into him, cause I felt his arm, then put my hand on his face, felt around (totally waking him up) and then I totally slugged him (in the back or arm or body somewhere). Then I rolled over and went right back to sleep.

It's nice to know that I try to defend myself even in the dead of sleep! He'll probably opt to sleep on the couch this week:)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Remind me never to share a bed with you!
How Funny!

JT42 said...

i can totally relate...for 5 1/2 years it was like that for me...it's a lot harder to share the bed when you are used to so much room-especially when you're pregnant!! not as much space and WAY too much heat :) (no that's not an announcement, that is from experience-twice!!)

Jeanette said...

That was seriously hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Genny said...

Ha ha...whenever JJ and I go on a choir trip and end up with a 2 queen bed hotel room, we always sleep in separate beds like some 1950s couple. I like my space too!

Unfortunately even after JJ leaves in the morning, I can't sleep in the middle since there are 2 craters where our bodies usually lie and a huge mountain in the middle where the mattress hasn't broken down yet.

{krista} said...

This is what happens when you spend too much time sleeping alone! Maybe you should start letting your dog sleep on Scott's pillow?

~Sonia said...

You are a lethal weapon, day and night! ;)