Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day

I'm not real big on these type of holidays, I always kindof feel like we should save the money rather than get gifts. But Hubbie does enjoy these holidays so today I woke up to a box of chocolates, and the boys each got a monster truck and a box of mike & ikes. Nothing says love like a monster truck. of coarse Little Man had to ruin the moment, rather than saying thank you he said "next year for valentines day, can you get me 2 monster trucks?" Hubbie said he didn't want any of my chocolate and I most certainly was NOT going to share with my kids, so I had fun taking bites out of all of them to see what they were. (It didn't come with a guide thing). Don't worry I'll finish them all later!

I did go hiking today, with my dog, at Thunderbird Mountain. There were a ton of couples around, and I finally decided I need to run the 2nd half of the trail to get away from all of them, when I came around a turn to find a couple staring off into space, the guy enjoying the view with his hand on his girls butt. So me and Coop had an awesome jog, I'm still red faced and he's passed out on my cold kitchen tile floor. I'll probably not be able to walk tomorrow! I came home around 5, whipped up some homemade (and darn tastey) Chicken Noodle soup for my poor sick hubby (he has a cold, you know how guys are!?) and sent him out the door to work.

I'm now going to end this lovely holiday by going to bed at 9! Awesome.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Your Dad gave me some pretty flowers and a BIG card.
We went shopping and bought a WebCam. You guys will have to get one. When we signed up with Sype we were able to talk and also see Bryce and Adrienne and Ollie.
That would be neat if we all had one.

{krista} said...

Another beautiful Valentines day ... I spent the day with grandpa and grandma at Zions national park and eating at Golden Corral. Doesn't get any better than that, right?

~Sonia said...

With a Saturday Valentines in Arizona it is hard to turn down outdoor activities. Although, I do think the "love mountain" title goes to the west side. We also hiked an unexpectedly steep trail out at the Superstition. There were lots of small clustered groups. The following 2 days we had some shin splints and much soarness.
Glad to have found your blog!