Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tonight a very excited, and a very naked Squirt came running into my kitchen to announce that he "just went potty all by myself." Upon a very frantic investigation I found his pants on the bathroom floor, diaper in the garbage (dry), potty seat on the toilet, stool next to the potty and what looked like pee in the potty. So I can only deduce that he did actually go potty all by himself.

Sweet.

He's been doing awesome potty training, and is even dry at night most nights, he just won't tell me when he needs to go, so it's a constant guessing game and forcing him to go even when he just doesn't want to. Anyway. Baby steps!

Edited to add: Oh, man... I was just looking thru past blog entries laughing at my life, and discovered that I have been talking about potty training since FEB '08. That is OVER A YEAR. Maybe this will never end:(

2 comments:

Nancy said...

When it happens it happens fast. Don't give up!

NatalieHemingway said...

We started a sticker chart for Grayson last night. He pooped in the pullup, peed twice in the potty, and then peed in the pull up again. I don't think he gets it. He won't go potty on his own, or even tell me he needs to go either. I feel your pain. He'll be 3 in APRIL!