Monday, March 30, 2009

I swore I would not bore the world with anymore Potty Training Horrors. BUT, I could not let the success of this past week go un-remembered. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. FINALLY!

Squirt's Birthday was last Tuesday, he got more big boy underware. I spent more on the Pixar underware and I'm sore glad I did. He is very serious about not Pee-Peeing on Lighting McQueen, Nemo, Buzz Lightyear, and especially Wall-E. For some reason that is the worst thing he could do- to pee on Wall-E. We also started a sticker chart and that was a BIG DEAL!!

Tuesday was a normal day, he was accident free and I don't recall that he pooped that day. TMI, I know.
Wednesday and Thursday were accident free. EXCEPT he waited until bedtime, when he had a diaper on to poop. (I'm not ready to tackle bed time just yet)
Friday I just happened to catch him at the right time and he pooped in the potty.
Saturday. OH Saturday. I'm doing dishes and I hear: Mom, Squirt is pooping outside. See Squirt likes to do his business outside. In his diaper outside, that is. Well he had underware on, and we've all had to clean that mess up, so I went running. But see, as I said, going potty on Wall-E was a grave sin, and so I see my little boy, pants at ankles, bent over in a corner, actually pooping out side. How can you get mad, when he looks up, with those big, blue eyes and says, "But Mommy, I no poopoo on Wall-E"
Sunday was kindof a funny day. He was playing in the back room, but I hadn't heard him in a little while so I walk back to see what he's doing. I walk past the bathroom and have to do a double take. He's quiet because he's sitting on the potty. "Hi, Mom" he says. "I just goin' poop"
Unfortunatly, about an hour later I heard "Mom, Squirt just pee'd on the floor." I guess I can't have it all.
And today, I heard those 5 little words I've been waiting so long to hear:
"I HAVE TO GO POTTY"

HORRRRRAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!

3 comments:

Genny said...

Oh my goodness, that is so funny! I thoroughly enjoyed that story!

Miller Family said...

Wow I guess I have that to look forward to huh?

Nancy said...

Tanner is 3 now, I bet things will get much better in the Potty Department. It seems like there must be a light that goes on in their brain at some time.