Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some Breastfeeding Humor for you

I was nursing Ladybug when Squirt came into the room. I threw a blanket over myself quickly and asked him what he needed. He walked over and promptly ripped the blanket off of me and cried "WHAT are you doing?" I told him I was feeding the baby, that Heavenly Father made mommies special so that they could feed their babies milk. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind and said "You don't get milk from people! You get it from the bottle in the fridge" So I explained it again and then told him to go away. Later that night he started sucking on my mom's hand and told her he was trying to drink milk!!

It reminded me of when Squirt was born. I would nurse him- and Little Man, barely 3, would be in the room, but never inquired as to what I was doing. One day I was getting him out of the bath, I had just wrapped him in a towel and picked him up. All of the sudden he bit me on my shoulder. I got mad at him, and told him not to bite. After another minute he did it again. When I asked what he was doing, he replied all sad and shy "I'm just trying to eat you like Squirt does."

It's so funny the way kids interpret things!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

ROFL! I about peed my pants when I read that! Your boys are hilarious!!

charm said...

LOL!!! Seriously, I love reading your blog! One of my favorite memories about breastfeeding is with Annalee's little girl Rylee. They were staying with us last winter, and I was still breast-feeding Cash. Rylee asked me, "Chawm, whatcha doing?" I said, "Feeding Cash." And she said, "Oh... in yo' awmpits?" Yep... in my awmpits. So classic! Ya gotta love these little monsters! By the way, Sienna is just beautiful!

Genny said...

Hilarious! Love it. Rylie is fascinated by it too.

Nathan and Annalee Peterson Family said...

kids are so funny and curious about everything. And say the darnest things. We gotta love em'.