Saturday, December 1, 2012

Little League





I complained on facebook a while back that we had entered the "Little League" phase of our lives and I already hated it. When I get handed a list of things I need to purchase ON TOP OF the $80 I paid to have my kid on the team, I start to stress. But now that the shopping is done (pants, cleats, shoes, belt, bat, balls, glove, etc....most of that listed as OPTIONAL, but deemed necessary by Scott & Chase) we can enjoy the season. It started out that practices were from 8-9:30 on school nights. I thought that a little late for my 9 year old, but now that games have started we don't practice any more, so that problem corrected itself.   Chase's team is the "Wildcats" and they wear the University of Arizona colors.  He so excited about all of it, that he's in his uniform the minute he gets home from school (just because) and is talking NON STOP about baseball.  Once the weather cooled down (and got down-right cold and one point) attending games was much more enjoyable.

Chase did really good, and really improved. He got a couple of hits through out the season, but he learned that if he doesn't swing, then most likely he'll get to walk and then run the bases. That seemed to be more fun than taking the risk of striking out. We'll have to work on the for next season!

 "Fall Ball" as it was called is just a learning/practice season for "Spring Ball" which is like real full fledged Little League. He's already begging me to sign him up!

Here's a video of his first game and his very first "hit" if that's what you can call it!!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Go Chase! That was a good hit!