Tuesday, December 4, 2012

22 days


 When no one was looking I put the box in the fireplace, then left a note on the front door telling the kids that the elf dropped it down the chimney and to look there.  Tanner has decided that tonight, Chasetin is going to watch the fireplace, He's going to watch the front door and Sienna's going to watch the tree, cause we are going to figure out just who this elf is!
In the box was a note saying that Santa says "Hello, but to remember that Jesus is the real reason for the season" There were also some paper presents in there that were for us to use for Family Home Evening and then there was the Elf's favorite Ice Cream for our treat (It's Christmas Cookie and it is SO GOOD AND SO SWEET!). At this point Tanner was convinced that I was the elf, but I told him the elf called me before hand to prepare a family home evening lesson and he seemed to buy it!
We had a lesson on Gifts that WE could give to Jesus. We hung them all on the wall.
I got answers like "Listen to Mom and Dad" "Not fight" "read my scriptures"

 BUT  this one was my all time favorite from Tanner. (He sneaks into his uncles room on Sundays when we are Grandma's house and plays Halo, even though he knows he's not supposed to)  The hilarious part was that after I wrote it down, he said "Aww, man... why'd I say that?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hahah! Awesome. Love that guy. What brand of ice cream is this Christmas Cookie? Probly only available in AZ, right? My pinterest name is Adriennedial, i think... I just started using it when I decided to do this countdown thing. So all I have on there are 25 Christmas things.

Nancy said...

Another cute idea! I wish I was there to join in the celebration.