Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 12-8

On Day 12, the elf left a note on the couch for the boys to find in the morning, when they got up for school. This is what it said:

"Turns out, I'm needed at the North Pole, so I'll be gone for a few days.
Here's an idea- You should skip school and go somewhere for a few days too!
I hear your Grandma & Grandpa Dial are visiting Idaho,
so that's where you're going to go. Your bags are packed and the car is loaded.
Are you ready?......... Set... GO!!
See you Tuesday. Have a blast. Love- your elf"

I totally blind-sided them and it was awesome!  We drove all day Thursday and stayed in a Hotel in Pocatello that night.  We wanted to be all rested and looking nice for that morning because...The best part of the whole trip was that Grandma & Grandpa didn't know we were coming!  I had one of my brothers do some spying for me, and he found out they were just hanging out for the morning at my Grandparents houses, so we just showed up. My grandpa happened to be standing at the window when we pulled up, and I heard him say "Why, I think that's that bunch from Arizona"  approximately 15 seconds later, my Mom ATTACKED us at the door. It was totally awesome!  Dang I forgot how cold it can be. 23 degrees was a shock to my system! Now were home and on the home-stretch to christmas!

15 hours in the car is a LONG time!

Meeting our new cousin Alexander. He's only a day old.


Dude! It snows here. I forgot that minor detail.

They were determined to make a snowman! It didn't work (obviously!)

They got to "help" feed Uncle Verl's cows.


Playing with cousins & Grandma

Chase was all to happy to shovel the driveway.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a fun weekend. That is something I will always remember.