Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update

Well... I got my house cleaned after my last post. I somehow got a burst of energy (and the little story about all the sick germs, all creepy and crawly all over the toys, helped. Little Man got a little more motivated to help!!) and got everything clean. I mean I basically have to start all over today but oh well... such is life.

Today I took 2 full boxes of toys away. They'll go to DI shortly, thank goodness. Last night both boys fought for hours over 2 small animals. So I took them away and made the decicion that these 2 are spoiled so rotten that they don't deserve all the toys that they have. I needed to give some away anyways, but they helped push that along.

I think Squirt is finally healthy, all though he went to nursery on sunday and now is developing a nasty cough. I wonder when the last time those toys were cleaned??? It sucked because I had him 90% potty trained, he was even dry over night- before this whole 3 weeks of diahrea hit. Now we basically have to start all over. All though he did start telling me when he had to go to the bathroom when he was sick because he was getting a rash and it didn't feel good. But today is a new day and we'll give it a go again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's funny though, I'll ask him is he needs to go potty and he'll say "No, I already did"- Great!

Little Man's class has a "superstar" each week and the child from the previous week picks next weeks superstar. So a girl picked Little Man and so he got to take in pictures of himself and his family and tell the class all about the things he likes. Aparently he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. That was the first I'd heard of that one! At some point during the week all the kids drew pictures for Little Man and wrote him a little note. The teacher then laminated them and had them bound into a book. It is so cool. Almost all of them just said "Chase, you are my friend" or something to that effect, but one little girl wrote "Chase, I love you" and drew a picture of them holding hands, it was so cute and it made me laugh.

Little Man aparently took my lecture on his language to heart and now he's on "potty mouth" watch. The other day he came running in and said "hey I heard you say that" I don't even know what I'd said, but apparently he thought i'd sworn. fortunately I haven't heard anymore out of his mouth.

Anyway, that's what we've been upto for the last week.

2 comments:

Margo said...

Julia:
Hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog. The only thing is it makes me really tired just reading about what your days are like. I guess that's why we have kids when we're young, cuz I'm sure I couldn't do it now. Anyway, cute boys you have!
Margo

Nancy said...

I agree with Margo, it does make me tired reading all that you go thru.
I am glad that it is you and I can just read about it.
I guess it is the love we have for our kids that keeps us going.
Enjoy!