Friday, January 18, 2008

We have a diagnosis!

WARNING: This blog is not for those with a light stomach!

Squirt has something called "gastritis" basically a technicle term for severe constipation. His body is so stopped up that it's stopped processing his food. So the food he eats in the morning sits in his stomach, becuase it's not coming out one way, it has to come out another. The kid is on a pretty heavy laxative and an antiacid pill. Needless to say, I have changed 2 of the grossest diapers in the world today! Now the fun part... I had to get 3 different vials of poop and take them to the lab to be tested. So, becuase of the laxative, his diaper was full of what looked like thick soup. I had to use a spoon to scoop it in these very small vials, I got poop all over my hands, I almost threw up! Don't worry, I threw away the spoon!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Wow! Maybe next time you could use gloves! Just kidding. At least now you know and can better take care of him!