Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I need to rant for a minute...

You don't mind do you?

So this won't sound very CHRISTIAN of me, but I think that that idiot that shot up that movie theater in Colorado (I won't even give him the pleasure of googling his name, cause I can't remember it off the top of my head) should just go to HELL... and frankly, I'm sure that's where he's headed.   It was a terrible tragedy, and naturally I was horrified for the vicitims, but really it didn't effect me here at home... or so I thought.

A week later we are in a movie theater getting ready to watch ARTHUR CHRISTMAS (I know, in July- I didn't make the movie schedule!)  they are playing Christmas music and we're all just hopping in our seats. Except for Chasetin... he seemed down and kept fidgeting. I asked him several times if he had to pee, to which he said no.  Finally he leans over and says to me "Mom, was that shooting at the Batman Movie in Arizona?"   And that's when it hit me... He was TERRIFIED to be in that movie theater.   I told him no, that it was in Colorado and crazies like that don't live here (made him feel better at least!)  But then he says, "What do we do if someone comes in here with a gun?"  To which I told him, to lay as flat and still as he can on the ground and pray like you've never prayed before!   It made me so sad! This was a conversation that I should not have had to have with my 9 year old. What kind of world are my kids growing up in??  Seriously, this guy has inflicted physical pain on too many people, but what about the emotional terror he's inflicted on the rest of the country?  Have you heard about the people who are arming themselves just to see a movie?  It's just crazy.

Ok... Rant over... days 3-5 of Big Lake are coming soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Yes it is very sad that kids don't feel safe, especially just going to a movie.