Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Guess what came in the mail...

Last night my door bell rang at 9pm, Scott opened the door to find a very tired UPS man, telling us he had a very large package for us. Scott gave me a bit of a glare, the look said "What the heck did you order???"  But I didn't order anything. It was a box from my dad, weighing in at 108lbs!!

This is what was in the box:
The most awesomest TOY BOX ever!

 And to give you some perspective on the size, here it is next to my beast of a 2 year old:)


Inside were some of my Prom Dresses my mom found in the back of her closet. I laughed when I saw them, cause I wore those like 13 years ago. The best part though- one of them fit, the other 2 that had to zip over my ribs, didn't quite fit but that's what having 3 babies will do to you. So that really brightened my spirits, apparently all this running I've been doing IS making a difference.

Thanks Dad, you're the best:)

4 comments:

{krista} said...

That is SO cool! You didn't know he was doing this? It's beautiful

S and RA Beazer said...

Way cool. it is beautiful

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! I still have my toybox my dad made me when I was a kid...But since I don't have any kidlets to keep toys in it, it holds my shoes instead =)

Nancy said...

I think that was just beautiful. I loved the way the wood looked. He enjoyed making it for you guys. I told him that can be his job after he retires, make things like that and sell them. He doesn't know about that. He just loves doing it for his grandkids.