Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Big Lake... The finale

Boy, this post has taken me FOREVER! My apologies...

So Day 5 was THE DAY we'd been waiting for. The Day we were renting a speed boat (or a row boat with a trolling motor, SPEED BOAT sound so much cooler to a 9 year old!)  All the guys went out in the morning. And check out what they came back with:

 Tanners catch (with... LOTS of help from Dad)
 Chasetin caught 2 this big, coming in at 15 inches.
 Grandpa's was the winner at 16 inches long

 The crew!  We had a serious fish fry that night.
 I can't tell if she's happy or grossed out here. ??


So later in the day I had to have a turn too. I paid $40 smacker-oo's for a fishing license and I WAS GOING TO CATCH A FISH dang it!!
 Unfortunately, I kept catching these little buggers.
 So, after my 5th craw-dad, I was starting to get ticked, when low-and- behold, I thought I had another one and there was actually a fish on my line. Now scroll up and look how big my boys fish are... now look at mine. That's why I have such a cheesy grin in this picture. Cause I was laughing my butt off at how small it was!!


And here are just a few more from the rest of the week. We went on lots of hikes and did a ton of exploring. 
 Have you ever seen a more beautiful (filthy) face??
 Sienna loved piggy backs. EVERY WHERE we went!!



And this was a little lesson in blogging for me. Don't wait a whole month to blog about your vacation. The details start to get a little foggy!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, there is nothing like fishing. Those boys will remember that for along time.
I love the way Sienna looks in the picture of them cleaning the fish.