Friday, July 11, 2008

Bad Day

I'm having a bad day and that's an under-statement.

Let me just preface this by saying that I resently went back to work (my kids come with me- not a fun thing) and I also started an online class this week, needless to say I'm a little stressed out, it's only a biology class but because I haven't used my thinker in this way in over 7 years it's taking some time to come back to me!

These are the things that my kids did today at work, while I was on the phone being as chipper as possible and talking about carpet cleaning, a subject I've grown to detest.

Squirt ate a pudding cup, a bag of teddy grahms, 4 chicken nuggets and 3 granola bars- BEFORE 10 am. That was a days worth of food and now at 4pm, he's starving. He also peed his pants 3 times, something that he's not done in quiet a while. He took a full bag of gram crackers and ground them into the carpets. He ran into the wall and hit his head (in the exact same spot as he did last night) and had a knot on his head that was litteraly the size of a golf ball. I found him chewing gum that I did NOT give him and he FLOODED the floor next to the water cooler. Heaven only knows what he did when I wasn't looking. Usually he takes a nap while we are at the office so I get a little work done while he sleeps, but not today, it must be a full moon or something because he was wired.
Little Man also ate everything including my lunch, so I've been munching on animal crackers all day. He also stole and destroyed my water bottle and so I'm hungry and thirsty! I went out by the water cooler to find Little Man playing "cups" this is a new game he invented where you find every gross cup you can find and fill them with water and then put toys in them and poor them into each other, and make the mess of a life time. Add this to the cracker crumbs from Squirt and it looks like a Tornado hit. He was running around with Squirt (when he hit his head) and got so worked up that he also peed his pants (?!?!?) Well I don't have clothes for him so now he's uncomfortable and just smells like pee. He also has had the time of his life turning my office light off... when I'm in the middle of talking to a customer... all day. He's also been extremely curious... mom what does this button do? (push) there goes my computer! same with the printer, the lights and anything else that has a button.

Add to that the most annoying employees ever that think by being sweet to me I'll give them what they want (boy did they pick a bad day!) One of them actually told me to "cut the attitude" ..............I'm just going to strangle the next person that gives me an issue. And now I get to go home and clean up after a puppy that has been locked in my hallway all day! Woo Hoo more pee! I'm going to take a tylenol pm and call it quits here soon! (and actually I feel a whole lot better now that I got that all out- thanks!)

4 comments:

S and RA Beazer said...

This truly sounds like a bad day. You deserve a medal for surviving. Hang in there, someday they will become teenagers and your bad days will really begin.

{krista} said...

I promise not to give you any issues.... thankfully, we don't have bad days every day, or nobody would have children!

JT42 said...

oh dear, not fun. hope the tylenol kicked in fast and that the issues didn't pile on. have a happy monday!

Train Gang said...

somehow pee and bad days just go hand in hand :( I'm sorry. Bring the boys over anytime you want!