Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day


**I don't even remember why I had nicknames for my kids, and it's starting to annoy me, and since I'm posting pictures with their names in them, I'm officially stopping with this post. Hope you don't mind:)  ***

Back in 2009, When Chase was in Kindergarten, I got a letter sent home saying I had to send in $12 for my mothers day gift. I was beyond perturbed, it was a constant stream of letters like that. Please send in store bought treats, please send in $5 for this, $3 for that, please send in a new book to exchange, please send in $32 because your son spilled a bottle of water on a National Geographic Hardbound library book and it is beyond salvageable (true story),  etc...  Well, I sent in the $12 and then didn't think about it again. I remember Chase was sick the whole week before Mothers Day. His teacher actually hand delivered the gift to us the friday before Mothers Day, because she didn't want me to miss out. When I opened it I was so in love with it:

Isn't it awesome??!  The ladybugs, bee's and butterflies are his fingerprints.

So this year, I got the same letter and I was so excited.   (And then I had to calm a friend down cause she was starting to go into the same rant I did 3 years ago!!  It's her first child & I promised her she'd LOVE it)

So Tanner walked in the door and handed his mothers day gift to me and was more excited than I was to show it to me. Chasetin's hand print has been on display for 3 years, and now we get to add his to it. (I'm officially on the hunt for a plate rack)  His is more of a green color, which is just SO Tanner. 
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and hope that in 4 more years Sienna will give me one too:)


It came accompanied by this cute card. That's me and Tanner and an oddly shaped Sienna.  I love it:) 

Happy Mother's Day out there to all the Momma's in my life. Love you all:)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are so cute, something to save and enjoy especially when they leave home.

Steve and Katie said...

Do you have any idea where the got them/made them? I'm so sad that I only have one for Shylynn. I love it!! I would totally get one for each of the other kids if I knew where.

Train Gang said...

I love popping in on your blog! You are so fun. Your garden looks like serious awesomeness to me!

P.S. I was laughing about the school pictures commentary!! These kiddos are all growing WAY too fast!