Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What a crazy afternoon-

So Ladybug's door knob has been sticking for a while, but today I went to get her from her nap and I just couldn't get the door knob to open. So I wiggled it, jiggled it, did everything I could think of. Finally I take the door knob off to find that it's broken inside. I was trying to persuade my almost 2 year old to take her side of the door knob out (that didn't go so well) so I had to just push it in, well apparently she was directly below it, cause I heard it hit her and then she just started screaming.

So I'm using a screwdriver to try and get the broken mechanism to move, meanwhile Ladybug is in her room, in the dark, screaming her head off and trying to shove her end of the door knob back in the hole. We finally had to have Hubbie rescue us because it was time to get Little Man from school.

Meanwhile Squirt is rubbing my back, singing to Ladybug and reminding us both to "stay calm."-

Who knew he'd be the calm one?

Later, I find that she's gotten into my glitter stash. While vacuuming that up- she empties a box of index cards that were ordered by date (365 of them!). While re-organizing those- she decides she's thirsty, so she pours herself a cup of milk.... You can guess how that ended.

I am now going to FALL into bed out of sheer exhaustion!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OH MY! What a day! Good for Tanner to try to keep you calm.
It's a good thing Scott wasn't too far away, or was he.