Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year!

We had fun New Years Eve, we hung out with Hubbie's parents and Grandma. They're not real night owls though, so they left at around 9 and then we watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4. We ate a ton of food and played games. Squirt fell asleep at like 11:50 and I crashed in the middle of the movie, but we all woke up to watch the ball drop. We had sparkling cider in "Red Solo Cups" (have you heard that song? it's so funny, we're all walking around singing it all the time!)


With the new year brings reflection and so we came up with out Top 10 list for 2011.
In no particular order:

1. Ladybug turned 1 and started walking
2. Squirt turned 5, started Kindergarten and was December's "Student of the Month"
3. Little Man turned 8 and made the choice to be baptized and a lot of the family came.
4. We moved to a new house
5. Both boys played Soccer and Basketball this year.
6. We spent a week at the cabin this year, Little Man caught a 2 foot long fish!
7. Ladybugs stitches.
8. Little Man made the honor roll.
9. Hubbie and I running the Warrior Dash
10. Brady and Jodi's wedding and spending one awesome weekend with all of my family!

We can't wait for 2012. I saw this idea on Pinterest, but didn't have ink in my printer so I wrote out questions for the kids. These are their answers:
I helped Squirt, but wrote word for word what he told me: I love his biggest goal: Make the most goals in soccer and HAVE EVERYONE APPRECIATE ME. That made me laugh.


Little Man's is hard to read.

Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Activity: Coloring
Favorite Book: Ninjago

The Greatest lesson I learned this year: ?
Hardest thing of the year: Making shots in basketball
Favorite Memory: Christmas day
What I loved most about 2011: Catching my first pike

In 2012:
I want to learn: to bass fish
I want to get better at: throwing a football far
My biggest goal: to get as many touchdowns in football.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy New Year! The kids are growing lots! I can't believe Lady Bug, she has really grown.