Thursday, May 5, 2011

Warrior Dash

The Warrior Dash slogan is "the craziest freakin' day of your life" and I'd say that it lived up to it's name. I did things that day that I was sure I wouldn't be able to do, or just frankly wouldn't have had the oportunity to do.

Your timing chip is also your free beer token, for after you finish. (We gave ours to some friends)
Pre-race (still clean!)



In the midst of a 3.4 mile run I:
* climbed 4 foot walls and then crawled under barbed wire (I think 4 maybe 5 times)
* climbed up and down sand hills (3 or 4 of them)
* ran thru tires and over junkyard cars
* ran thru a wash that was full of thick mud.
* climbed hay bales about maybe 30 feet high
* climbed a rope wall, and back down again, probably about 30 feet high
* climbed a wall using just a single rope and then having to climb back down, probably about 15 feet high
* had to jump 2 rows of fire
* swim 20 feet thru mud upto my waist, with barbed wire a foot above the mud.
*****And I did it in 48:21******** Finishing 3791 out of 6378. So just shy of half! Really my goal was just to survive. Which I did!!************* Hubbie finished in 47:23 only because he stayed with me the whole time, cheering me on and speeding me up. He probably could have done it in half the time.

Once it was over, I can say it was pretty awesome! This is after my hose off, which really did not help! And to quote my sweet little Squirt: "Wow mom, that is so cool that you played in the mud!"

Little Man took these photos, which is why they are blurry, but still post-worthy. You got an "I survived Warrior Dash" t-shirt, and fuzzy warrior hat.

I'm still cleaning mud out of my shower, our clothes are in the yard soaking in a bucket, and our shoes, well, they are being retired. My new ones are really comfy:) It was so fun and I'm already looking forward to doing it again next year. Hubbie is ready to sign us up for the Spartan Dash, which is 8 miles with twice as many obstacles. I think I am declining that one though!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Boy, you outdid yourselves, anyway you outdid what I could do.
Way to Go!

Hailee said...

I'm doin' it next year. I'll need all year to get ready! In fact, I think I'll go to the gym right now...

The Leiths said...

this sounds like SO much fun! i'm gonna see if they have something like this in bakersfield and then drag andrew along!