Tuesday, May 24, 2011

15 months!

Ladybug is already 15months old. Time is flying by too fast.
We took her in for a check up. She is 23lbs. 6 oz and 31.75 in long. Basically she is a BEAST!


She is sassy and spunky and very independent.

She wants to eat by HERSELF
Get in the car HERSELF
Brush her teeth HERSELF
Drink out of a water bottle HERSELF
Put her shoes on HERSELF
Read a book HERSELF
the list goes on and on:(


She's also a climber.
(I've already mapped out my nearest urgent care and ER.)
It's not all that uncommon to find her dancing on the table (literally!). Or things like the other day: She found a bucket in the pantry, pushed it over to the counter and proceeded to try to climb up and reach a banana. I'm in the other room and hear this loud noise as a bunch of stuff hits the tile floor. I run in the kitchen to find her on the ground with a dazed look. Lying next to her is a cookie sheet that had been stacked with several dishes. How she didn't kill herself is a wonder. She's definitely keeping me on my toes- just when I think all is safe she finds a new way to try to injure herself.


We discovered that she likes to color. I found her laying on the table coloring next to Little Man (coloring on the table) so I put her on the ground with a coloring book. She actually stayed entertained for a couple of minutes. It's funny because a couple of months ago someone was describing the difference between their girls and their boys and that was one of the things they said, that their girls would sit and color and read books and actually sit still. Something their boys would never do. And I'm finding that to actually be coming true!


She is really developing this cute, playful personality! She has a cabinet she has commandeered as her own.
Anytime I'm in the kitchen she'll come in, haul all the pans out of the cabinet next to the stove and crawl in. And then we play this game where I say things like "oh no I lost ladybug" and she pops her head out the door and makes cute sounds at me. It's quite entertaining. I've finally given in and just moved all the pans cause I was tired of tripping over them all over the house. So the cabinet is officially hers!

She has 8 teeth, but better be getting more based on her cranky mood. Anytime any one says anything stern to her she just breaks down in tears. She also throws really graceful temper tantrums. She falls carefully to the tile floor, makes sure her head is safe, and then starts wailing.

She's starting to carry around a baby, although usually by the foot. I suppose those little mother instincts will kick in quick enough.

Somedays I wonder how but -she has us all just wrapped around her little finger.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

So fun!!! Looks like she's a lefty - yay! Sounds like she is a lot like Ollie with her sassiness and independence. Although, I never had trouble with her climbing, so good luck with that!

Nancy said...

She sounds like quite the little girl! Isn't it interesting the differences that you see between girls and boys?
You have your work cut out for you with her.
Can't wait to see you guys!